IronNoob

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Migrated to dedicated hosting. Post any weirdness you observe in the Lounge.

Author Topic: Remove hats == Better ROBLOX  (Read 955 times)

Butterfly

Remove hats == Better ROBLOX
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »

ROBLOX is flawed in the sense that hats are currently the ever so growing ego on ROBLOX. I'd love to see ROBLOX, for next April Fools, remove all hats from  the catalog for 3 days and say that they removed them forever, purely to see how ego expanding it becomes.

The fact that hats, not game quality or personality, judge our control and position in ROBLOX is stupid. It creates an un-needed competition for superiority and practically a food chain.

Plus the fact that a generalized standard seems to be in place on ROBLOX and stereotypes are so persistent, it makes the competition even higher. I'd have to blame this almost purely on the idea of limited hats, but I'm sure other factors come into play here.

ROBLOX is a site that feels like it's almost meant to purely be flame and competition and I don't think that's an environment that should be setup by anyone or should even be accepted within the community.

rant off

Blade_Zero

• View Profile
    • Roblox user
Re: Remove hats == Better ROBLOX
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:48 pm »

ROBLOX is flawed in the sense that hats are currently the ever so growing ego on ROBLOX. I'd love to see ROBLOX, for next April Fools, remove all hats from  the catalog for 3 days and say that they removed them forever, purely to see how ego expanding it becomes.

The fact that hats, not game quality or personality, judge our control and position in ROBLOX is stupid. It creates an un-needed competition for superiority and practically a food chain.

Plus the fact that a generalized standard seems to be in place on ROBLOX and stereotypes are so persistent, it makes the competition even higher. I'd have to blame this almost purely on the idea of limited hats, but I'm sure other factors come into play here.

ROBLOX is a site that feels like it's almost meant to purely be flame and competition and I don't think that's an environment that should be setup by anyone or should even be accepted within the community.

rant off

no

Void_Knight

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:17:10 pm »

I'd just ignore the fact there's a catalog or a shitty community and play for the game itself.

That's what I did before I left, I left because mainly I got too bored of the game. There's a point where you feel you've grown out of it and I reached that.

I now do real game programming, and other programming forms because it's more beneficial considering ROBLOX Lua doesn't really go anywhere but ROBLOX.

I do have to admit that without ROBLOX I would have not gone into programming most likely.

Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

I love the enjoyment of building and that's probably the only reason I truly stay. The forums are nice if you ignore the bad parts and focus on having fun while foruming.

jamjam195

• RBX Spec Ops
  • Web Developer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43:24 pm »

I'd love to see this happen.

Blade Zero

• noob pwner
    • View Profile
    • ROBLOX
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:25 am »

if they removed hats roblox would lose money
and inflation would rise
The one and only Blade Zero from ROBLOX.

CatcherOfSouls

• True Story?
    • View Profile
    • Atrul Studios
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 06:33:37 am »

The hats give you independence, also the feeling of accomplishment of getting them. Removing them would mean getting rid of that feeling, plus I would find it boring if all we saw were heads.

ROBLOX would also get hardly any money, because ROBUX would become useless, therefore the site will end up shutting down.

Not worth it.

Dogon

• Mac and Bloo Cheese
    • View Profile
    • The Comics Show
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:45 am »

But if they removed hats... we'd all be
Bald

Those were dark times, man.
But evidently they were also the best times.

-------------

On a serious note, I'd love for this to happen during April Fools, just to see the community explode, settle down, then go back to the way it used to be.  ...at least for a few days.  (the bald thing would be annoying, though)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:59:57 am by Dogon »

madattak

• For science. You monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:42 am »

Too much of ROBLOX revolves around hats, but they're not going and its essentially how ROBLOX makes its money.

Roundel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 08:08:11 am »

I don't wear hats  :D

I think they're a vital part of why Roblox is so fun though.  When I first started playing, hats were what drew me in.  I remember how excited I was back when I got my dream hat, the GBTH. Then I got an RBTH not too long after that.  :D

Aurarus

• nnFGhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 08:26:32 am »

All hats- Besides fedoras, can go burn.

But really, there's no going back at this point.
If we removed them, then there'd be a giant panic.

CatcherOfSouls

• True Story?
    • View Profile
    • Atrul Studios
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 08:37:06 am »

Too much of ROBLOX revolves around hats, but they're not going and its essentially how ROBLOX makes its money.

Agreed that too much of ROBLOX revolves around it, they need to look a bit more into Games other then Hats.

Page created in 0.653 seconds with 21 queries.