IronNoob

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Migrated to dedicated hosting. Post any weirdness you observe in the Lounge.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DayZ Chernarus Map Update  (Read 1069 times)

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ Chernarus Map Update
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »

shit man

looking fucking sexy

pls make it properly elevated like tall mountains un-climbable from one side pls

not sure how id do that efficiently. im not at that point yet, tho. gotta make the roads. its going to be a real pain, cuz everything is generated by script, not built by hand
death to incredibar maker

Venvious

• I don't believe in that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 07:04:08 pm »

shit man

looking fucking sexy

pls make it properly elevated like tall mountains un-climbable from one side pls

not sure how id do that efficiently. im not at that point yet, tho. gotta make the roads. its going to be a real pain, cuz everything is generated by script, not built by hand

That is all by script...? That must be a pain to check everything that you place.
Do just you make the terrain and locate the part's CFrames,
or do you just math it out and check to see if it worked?

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »

the only thing done by hand is editing a map of chernarus to tell my converter what is trees, and what isnt. which is easy enough, and a one time thing.
rest is

run script
input what dimensions to draw, and at waht detail(extreme detail can lead to millions of triangles)
run trees script

mat852

• RBX Spec Ops
  • Lua / Visual Basic / bit of C#
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:56 pm »

y u no do same for different colored terrain

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 07:42:13 pm »

y u no do same for different colored terrain
cuz map is bigass map. gotta do trees first

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 07:42:39 pm »

gotta be accurate almost to the pixel.

um3k

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:45 pm »

shit man

looking fucking sexy

Set Y-axis Velocity for unclimbable slope blocks while generating, perhaps? Uses the conveyor belt effect to push players down, offloading all work to engine.

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:20 am »

shit man

looking fucking sexy

Set Y-axis Velocity for unclimbable slope blocks while generating, perhaps? Uses the conveyor belt effect to push players down, offloading all work to engine.
sounds like it might work.

im wondering how i would make the roads. i dont want to make them out of triangles, that would be annoying because id have to build the roads myself since i cant just color in the standard triangles black, cuz it would lead to very blockish like roads. so i may have to make them out normal Parts.

nilser2

• O dis gunna be gud
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 11:52:02 am »

All the dark green dots are rendering glitches from rendering so many small bricks at that distance(to fit it into the entire screen). They disappear close up.
The dark green patches are where the forests will be. It won't be that triangly when it's done, it just seems that way now because I couldn't render 1,048,576 bricks that will make up the map with my chunks system at once to show you the entire map.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=KX1LvRu1ej8CSM&tbnid=wwYY0R1Er3Vo5M:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F25036389&ei=_DauUdTtJc-30AGov4GwAg&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNG6L7ffVLJhW7dz4_mvUsuYITU7-w&ust=1370458237130468
I liek caik

HatHelper

• RBX Spec Ops
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 12:09:53 pm »

All the dark green dots are rendering glitches from rendering so many small bricks at that distance(to fit it into the entire screen). They disappear close up.
The dark green patches are where the forests will be. It won't be that triangly when it's done, it just seems that way now because I couldn't render 1,048,576 bricks that will make up the map with my chunks system at once to show you the entire map.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=KX1LvRu1ej8CSM&tbnid=wwYY0R1Er3Vo5M:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F25036389&ei=_DauUdTtJc-30AGov4GwAg&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNG6L7ffVLJhW7dz4_mvUsuYITU7-w&ust=1370458237130468

wrong noob. chunks system
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 21 queries.